Fluffy dogs are great to look at, but that glamorous look takes a lot of effort. If you lack the time or patience to groom your dog every day, consider a low-maintenance breed. Here are some to consider:
- Doberman Pinscher – This dog requires minimal grooming. You can use a sisal brush and a hound glove.
- German Shepherd – You can get away with brushing the German Shepherd about once a week. The exception is during shedding season, when you’ll need to brush this breed every day. Use a curry or slicker brush.
- Labrador Retriever – This low maintenance dog requires minimal grooming. Occasional brushing should be enough upkeep for this breed. Use a bristle brush and a medium-toothed comb.
- French Bulldog – Besides cleaning facial folds, you won’t have much grooming to do with a French bulldog except an occasional brushing. Use a bristle brush, hound glove and fine-toothed comb.
- Whippet – This delicate-looking dog needs very little grooming care. An occasional brushing will suffice. Use a hound glove or grooming glove.